Solving Problems Using Search
- Given an informal description of the problem,
construct a formal description as a state space:
- Define a data structure to represent the state.
- Make a representation for the initial state from
the given data.
- Write programs to represent operators that
change a given state representation to a new state
- Write program to detect terminal states.
- Choose an appropriate search technique:
- How large is the search space?
- How well-structured is the domain?
- What knowledge about the domain can be used to
guide the search?