- Views may be complex: an example line-segment view is
67 lines of code.
- Views may be error-prone if written by hand: storage and
independence properties must be maintained.
- Difficulty of coding view types detracts from benefit of reuse.
- Automated assistance for making views is needed.
Views can be created in several ways:
- Textual specification, by hand.
- Graphical specification: click on corresponding parts of menus
- VIEWAS: (semi-) automatic generation of a view,
e.g., as a linked-list.
- MKV: (semi-) automatic generation of a
mathematical view, based on diagram connections.