Automatic Programming Server
The Automatic Programming Server operates over the Web and writes
specialized procedures for the user.
- User describes concrete data types
- User makes views showing how concrete types correspond to
abstract types known to the system
- User selects desired procedures
- Procedures are specialized, translated to target language,
and delivered as a source code file.
- Data conversion programs can also be generated.
- Example: avl-tree: 200 lines of generated code in less
than a minute of user time.