For CS 389R, we'll be using the cs turnin system. Here's a quick guide on how to use it:
- If necessary, transfer your files using scp or sftp to the cs unix system.
- Make sure your files are stored in some subdirectory appropriate for the class. Submitting files from your home directory is not recommended.
- Use the following commands from the prompt:
- turnin --submit TA_name homework_assignment files
Replace TA_name with nwetzler. Replace homework_assignment with the assignment id given to you from the assignment, which will typically take the form hwX where X is the number of the assignment. Replace files with the path to the file you are submitting. If you are submitting mutliple files, separate the paths with a space. Example: "file1.txt file2.txt". Note that you can provide the path to a directory.
Example: turnin --submit nwetzler hw1 hw1.lisp
- turnin --list TA_name homework_assignment
Use this command to make sure you turned in your files. Make the necessary adjustments mentioned above.
- You can submit your assignment as many times as you want before the deadline.
A few other notes:
- Make sure you don't submit your entire home directory. It sounds silly, but it happens more often than you would think.
- Don't submit unnecessary files. Submit only what is asked of you.
- Make readable notes in your comments, especially if you know something is broken.