To submit your homework and projects, use the turnin program from a
command prompt on the Linux machines to submit to the TA.
turnin --submit leif cs394n-hw1 <filename> [filename2 ..]
If you are submitting more than one file, you can optionally make a tar file out of
the assignment and submit that. Note: use the appropriate homework
number (-hw1, -hw2, or -hw3) above to make sure your submission goes
into the right place.
- Turnin is located in /lusr/bin; if that directory is not in
your path (and you don't want to put it there), then call it as
- There is a bug that may or may not have been fixed yet: if a
command line has more than 255 characters after filename expansion,
some files may go unsubmitted.
- If you submit the same filename twice, the second one will entirely
overwrite the first one. So don't submit any updates after the due
date, or we will never know that you submitted the first version on
- After submitting everything, you should make sure that all of your
files were transmitted properly using turnin's list feature:
turnin --list leif cs394n-hw1
- See the man page turnin(1) for more details: