Installing BlueJ at Home
For more information on BlueJ visit the
BlueJ homepage. You can also download the
BlueJ reference manual.
Instructions to install BlueJ.
Adapted from the BlueJ homepage.
- STOP. Make sure you have
downloaded and installed Java before installing
- Go to the download page at the BlueJ site,
- Download the appropriate version of Bluej.
Below is an image of the download page.
- After you have downloaded the proper file run
it. On a computer with a Windows operating system double click on the icon of
the file to run it.
- The BlueJ Installer will open.
- Run through the steps of the installer.
- When the installer has finished check that BlueJ has been installed
correctly by running it. Again,
On a computer with a Windows operating system
double click on the icon of the file to run it.
- You are now ready to create projects and
programs in BlueJ. You can emove the installer program from your computer. See
the Getting Started with BlueJ
page or the BlueJ
- For information on installing
BlueJ on a Macintosh system please see the
If you have problems installing
BlueJ make sure you are following these instructions exactly. You can also
get help online from the BlueJ
Once you are familiar with
reference manual is very good for "How do
I..." type questions.