Cosmos Fight Score System
- First and foremost, it should be noted that this system is subject to change. For now, we consider it a temporary system that we may decide to keep, or swap out for an entirely different scoring system altogether. It all depends on how the game's design unfolds.
- Each enemy in Cosmos Fight has a base score that the player will receive when they kill said enemy. For example, the Basic Enemy gives +10 points. More difficult enemies will give higher scores. Bosses may give thousands of points upon defeat!
- Every time the player kills an enemy, they receive a +2 score modifier. Each time the player gets hit by a bullet, the score modifier is reduced by 2. If the player crashes into another enemy, the modifier is reduced by 40. Thus, avoiding hits and crashes is a good way to stack up a lot of bonus score. The bonus score modifier quantity cannot go below 0, but can increase indefinitely. It is added to the base score of each enemy the player kills.
- Additionally, each time the player reaches a multiple of 10 kills in a row without being hit by anything, the score that the player would normally receive is multiplied by half of the current kill streak. That is, if the player gets 10 kills in a row, the score is multiplied by 5; For 20 kills in a row, it is multiplied by 10; etc. If the player is hit by anything at all, the kill streak is reset to 0. This is a challenging but very rewarding way to get a lot of bonus score.
- If the player dies, all score modification values are reset to 0. Also, death causes the player to lose 10% of the current score they have. Naturally, this means it is very bad for your score to die towards the end of a level.
- Each level currently has its own individual score that is not transferred between levels. Players may challenge themselves to achieve a new high score on each level. When user accounts become available, the goal is to keep track of the player's high score on each level in the account database.
- While some levels might have custom score features, in general, a player does not receive any extra score for collecting bonuses or completing level phases. Of course, this system is subject to change.