Latest Update Notes
- New audio effects have been added.
- Many aspects of the game engine have been revamped (work in progress).
- Updated the sound system and added some standard sound effects for shooting, collecting bonuses, and explosions. Also added menu sound effects.
- New enemy added: Vampire Vessel.
- A new Follow Path System is now implemented into the game. A Follow Path object can be set to go or stop on demand. When following, it will accelerate towards a destination target point on the screen. This object can be used to update the position of any game object, and it can follow any game object as a target.
July, August 2012
- The menus were re-done, and now feature a fully-functional GUI system.
- A screen-shake mechanism is now available through the standard level API.
- New boss added: The Central Core.
- Levels can now load sound and image data through an event-driven loading system, either from the server filesystem, or from an external source through HTTP. All images and sound files are loaded before the level starts, and can be used throughout the level. Some standard sounds and images are added when the game is loaded.
- Interactive dialog boxes can now pop up throughout levels where a game character can speak directly to the player.
- Phases have been added to each level. Phases provide reset checkpoints for when the player dies. Levels can also make use of this phasing system to repeat certain parts of the level, and jump between sections as needed. The possibilities are endless.
- A pixel-perfect collision system is now implemented into every object and level. No more will enemies fly through the player! :)
- Let there be menus!
- A particle effect system was added to provide some explosions and more interesting results whenever ships and bullets collide or get destroyed.
- Tiny floating text now appears throughout the game, providing the player with instant and non-invasive feedback on gameplay.
- We decided to make a game.
- The player ship now moves!