CS380L: Advanced Operating Systems
- Here is the presentation
schedule. If you have a problem, please let me know sooner rather
- Here is a link to some review
which I liked. Also on the page is the average rank for each
- Project proposal is due on
- Midterm times have changed. Please refresh your mental
cache of date and time.
- Please look at the syllabus. Basically
it says (1) we will read and discuss papers and do projects and (2) the
class will be a lot of work. Although the class will be a lot of work,
I hope you will find it
enjoyable and rewarding. I am looking forward to teaching the class.
- Handouts for the
project are available, and project
ideas (accessible only from
within UT) are now available.
- Please note that the schedule is still preliminary, especially
after the first midterm. Expect change.
- I added in-class time for you to present on your project.
It will be a conference-style presentation, but only 10 minutes
- Project topic seleciton are
due in class on Monday, Sept. 12. I changed the form a bit to ask
for more information.
- NEXT CLASS MEETING IN NOA 1.126!
- Please look at HW 1, which contains review
questions. One of these questions will be given as a mini-quiz on
- Please have critiques for Therac-25
and the UNIX paper for Sept 7. Also write a paragraph reacting to
the argument in "Worse is Better." Please read How
(and How Not) to Write a Good Systems Paper, but you do not have to
review it. In the future, these reading assignments
are implicit: every day in class, the schedule
will list the paper(s) to be discussed
that day, and you are responsible for reading and critiquing those
papers.) Papers are only
accssible to hosts in the utexas.edu domain.