Faculty profile 2
- College of Natural Science Teaching Excellence Award, 2012
- Research Professorship, MSRI, 2011
- Numerous papers invited to special issues of journals for top papers of STOC, FOCS, and COLT
- NSF CAREER Award
- Best Student Paper Award at COLT, 2006
- NSF Mathematical Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, 2002
- Best Student Paper Award at STOC, 2001
- Sparse Polynomial Learning and Graph Sketching (NIPS 2014-- Oral Presentation)
- Learning Halfspaces under Log-Concave Densities: Polynomial Approximations and Moment-Matching (COLT 2013)
- Submodular Functions are Noise Stable (SODA 2012)
- An Invariance Principle for Polytopes (JACM 2012)
- An FPTAS for #Knapsack and Related Counting Problems (FOCS 2011)
- Editorial Board, Machine Learning Journal.
- Editorial Board, Theory of Computing.
- Program Co-Chair, 2009 Conference on Learning Theory.
- Program Committee Member for STOC,FOCS,COLT,CCC,SODA,RANDOM,ICML.
Klivans’ research focuses on machine learning and theoretical computer science.
Real Analysis Boot Camp at Simons Institute (Four 1.5 hour lectures-- see my webpage for details), 2013.
Invited to present at major workshops in Banff, Dagstuhl, San Diego, Ithaca, and Hong Kong. Invited to give lectures at top computer science departments including MIT, Harvard, Stanford, CMU, Cornell, University of Wisconsin, UIUC, and Georgia Tech.