Lin's research interests are Compilers, parallel computing, and microarchitecture.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Senior Provost Teaching Fellow, 2015-present
- President's Associates Teaching Excellence Award, 2015
- Member, UT Academy of Distinguished Teachers, 2013
- Jean Holloway Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2013
- University of Texas Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award, 2011
- Micro Top Picks Honorable Mention, "Leveraging Belady's Algorithm for Improved Cache Replacement," 2016
- Best Paper Award, Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, 2012
- Best Paper Award, International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization, 2011
- Best Paper Award, ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, 2007
- Best Paper Award, 37th IEEE/ ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture, 2004
- IBM Faculty Partnership Award, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06
- NSF CAREER Award
- Decoupled Affine Computation for SIMT GPUs, Kai Wang and Calvin Lin, ACM Int'l Symposium on Computer Architecture, 2017.
- Back to the Future: Leveraging Belady's Algorithm for Improved Cache Replacement, Akanksha Jain and Calvin Lin, ACM Int'l Symposium on Computer Architecture, 2016.
- Raccoon: Closing Digital Side-Channels through Obfuscated Execution, Ashay Rane, Mohit Tiwari, and Calvin Lin, USENIX Security Symposium, 2015.
- Linearizing Irregular Memory Accesses for Improved Correlated Prefetching, Akanksha Jain and Calvin Lin, IEEE/ACM Symposium on Microarchitecture, 2013.
- The Ant and the Grasshopper: Fast and Accurate Pointer Analysis for Millions of Lines of Code, Ben Hardekopf and Calvin Lin, ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, June 2007, pp. 290-299.
- Neural Methods for Dynamic Branch Prediction. Daniel Jimenez and Calvin Lin, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems. 20(4), November 2002, pp. 369-397.
- HPCA program committee, 2017
- CGO program committee, 2015
- CGO program committee, 2014
- PLDI program committee, 2012
- PLDI program committee, 2010
- POPL program committee, 2010
- PI, Project Engage, NSF-funded collaboration with College of Education that is developing a Dual Enrollment CS Principles course
- Coach, Texas Men's Ultimate team