- J.F. Sequeda and D.P. Miranker, “Mapping Relatiional Databases to Linked Data”, in Eds. A. Harth, K. Hose and R. Schenkael, “Linked Data Management”, CRC Press, May 2014
- D. P. Miranker, R. Bayardo, V. Samoladis, “Query Evaluation as Constraint Search; An Overview of Early Results,” in, V. Gaede, A. Brodsky, O. Günther, D. Srivastava, V. Vianu, M. Wallace (Eds.): "Constraint Databases and Their Applications," Second International Workshop on Constraint Database Systems, CDB ‘97, 1997, CP ‘96 Workshop on Constraints and Databases, Selected Papers. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1191 Springer 1997.
- S. J. Stolfo and D. P. Miranker, “DADO: A Parallel Processor for Expert Systems,” in Computers for Artificial Intelligence Applications," eds. Wah and Li, IEEE Computer Society Press 1986,
- S. J. Stolfo and D. P. Miranker, “DADO: A Processor for AI Computation,” in Annual Reviews of Computer Science, (ed. Traub), Annual Reviews, Inc., 1986.
- S. J. Stolfo and D. P. Miranker, “DADO: A Parallel Processor for Expert Systems,” in Advanced Computer Architecture, (ed. Agarwal), IEEE Computer Society Press 1985
“TREAT: A New and Efficient Match Algorithm for AI Production Systems,” Publisher, Pittman, Morgan-Kaufman, 1990.
Articles in Books:
Faculty profile 2
- 1998 International Conferences on the Principles of Database Systems (PODS), Best Paper Award and Best Newcomer’s Paper Award , “A Lower Bound Theorem for Indexing Schemes and Its Application to Multidimensional Range Queries”. V. Samoladas and D. P. Miranker
- 2013 International Semantic Web Conference, Second Place, Semantic Web Challenge, "Constitute: The World's Constitutions to Read, Search and Compare", by Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, James Melton, Robert Shaffer, Juan F. Sequeda and Daniel P. Miranker
- 2014 International Semantic Web Conference, Best Student paper award, ” OBDA: Query Rewriting or Materialization? In Practice, Both!”, J. F. Sequeda, M. Arenas, D. P. Miranker
- 2015 Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Meets Linked Open Data co-located with 12th Extended Semantic Web Conference, Best Paper Award, "Sorted Neighborhood for Schema-free RDF Data", Mayank Kejriwal, Daniel P. Miranker
- Mayank Kejriwal, Daniel P. Miranker, "An unsupervised instance matcher for schema-free RDF data". J. Web Sem. 35: 102-123 (2015)
- Mayank Kejriwal, Daniel P. Miranker, "Semi-supervised Instance Matching Using Boosted Classifiers". ESWC 2015: 388-402
- Juan F. Sequeda, Marcelo Arenas, Daniel P. Miranker, "OBDA: Query Rewriting or Materialization? In Practice, Both!". Semantic Web Conference (1) 2014: 535-551 [Winner best student paper award.]
- Zachary Elkins, Tom Ginsburg, James Melton, Robert Shaffer, Juan F. Sequeda, Daniel P. Miranker, "Constitute: The world's constitutions to read, search, and compare". J. Web Sem. 27: 10-18 (2014)
- Lee Parnell Thompson, Weijia Xu, Daniel P. Miranker, "The Adaptive Projection Forest: Using adjustable exclusion and parallelism in metric space indexes". BigData Conference 2014: 615-620
- Juan Sequeda, Daniel P. Miranker, Ultrawrap: "SPARQL execution on relational data". J. Web Sem. 22: 19-39 (2013)
- Aibo Tian, Juan Sequeda, Daniel P. Miranker, "QODI: Query as Context in Automatic Data Integration". International Semantic Web Conference (1) 2013: 624-639, [nominated for best student paper]
- Lei Shang, David P. Gardner, Weijia Xu, Jamie J. Cannone, Daniel P. Miranker, Stuart Ozer, Robin Ray Gutell: "Two accurate sequence, structure, and phylogenetic template-based RNA alignment systems". BMC Systems Biology 7(S-4): S13 (2013)
- “Evolving Methods of Biological Similarity”, Keynote, ICDE Workshop on Similarity Search and Applications, May 2008.
- "Removing the Potholes in the Road to the Semantic Web", Keynote, ISWC Workshop, Second International Workshop on Consuming Linked Data, October 2011.
- D.P. Miranker and J.F. Seqeuda, No. 8,719252, “Accessing relational databases as resource description framework databases” May 6, 2014.
- L. Oberymeyer, P. Navratil, and D. P. Miranker, No. 6,782,505 "Method and System for Structured Data from Semi-Structured Sources, issued August 24, 2004
- S.J. Stolfo and D. P. Miranker, Patent No. 4,860,201, “Binary Tree Parallel Processor,” issued August 1989.
- NSF Review Panel Member, program in Information and Intelligent Systems
Miranker’s current research intersts concern the Semantic Web and the application of machine learning methods to automate data integration; Also Health Informatics, Data Virtualization, Data Warehousing, Database Query Languages and Query Processing.
The Miranker laboratory is part of a large scale collaboration with the Comparative Constitutions Project and Google Ideas. The effort has produced, and continues to expand, a semantically indexed and searchable collection of the world constitutions; Constitute. The system is used by both constitutional scholars and national committee's charged with writing new constitutions. The system has been highly recognized and its actual use supported by testimonials.
MIranker recently completed a collaboration with Professor Robin Gutell, Integrative Biology, concerning the data management of secondary and tertiary structure information of RNA molecules. This information, in turn, informed the developement of RNA alignment algorithms.