- Visual Object Recognition, K. Grauman and B. Leibe. Synthesis Lectures on Computer Vision. Morgan and Claypool Publishers, 2011.
Faculty profile 2
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 2014
- Computers and Thought Award, International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence, 2013
- Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI) Young Researcher Award, 2013
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow, 2012
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Research Award (ONR YIP), 2012
- Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Texas System, 2012
- Marr Prize, Best Paper Award, International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2011
- AI's 10 to Watch, IEEE Intelligent Systems, 2011
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Award (NSF CAREER), 2008
- Microsoft Research New Faculty Fellow, 2008
- Best Student Paper Award, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2008
- Frederick A. Howes Scholar Award in Computational Science, Krell Institute, 2007
- Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professorship, Henry Luce Foundation, 2007-2011
- Y. J. Lee and K. Grauman. Predicting Important Objects for Egocentric Video Summarization. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Volume 114, Issue 1, pp. 38-55. August 2015.
- A. Kovashka, D. Parikh, and K. Grauman. WhittleSearch: Interactive Image Search with Relative Attribute Feedback. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Volume 115, Issue 2, pp 185-210, November 2015.
- S. Vijayanarasimhan and K. Grauman. Large-Scale Live Active Learning: Training Object Detectors with Crawled Data and Crowds. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Volume 108, Issue 1-2, pp. 97-114, May 2014.
- S. Vijayanarasimhan and K. Grauman. Cost-Sensitive Active Visual Category Learning. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Vol. 91, No. 1, 2010.
- B. Kulis and K. Grauman. Kernelized Locality-Sensitive Hashing. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI). Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 1092-1104, June 2012.
- Keynote, British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 26th annual conference, Swansea, U.K., Sept 2015
- Keynote, International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP), 18th annual conference, Genoa, Italy, Sept 2015
- Keynote, Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP), Pittsburgh, PA, Nov 2014
- Keynote, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Thirteenth Annual Conference, Melbourne, Australia, July 2012
- Keynote, Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), Tenth Annual Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, May 2011
- Program Chair, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2015
- Associate Editor in Chief, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 2015-present
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV)
- Co-Editor, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV) Special Issue on Active & Interactive Methods in Computer Vision, 2013
- Area Chair for the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2009, 2011, 2013
- Area Chair for the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2009, 2013
- Area Chair for the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2012, 2014
- Area Chair for Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2012
- Area Chair for International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2015, 2016
- Member, Information Science and Technology (ISAT) Study Group, 2013-present
- Chair, Tutorials and Short Courses, CVPR 2014
- Chair, Doctoral Consortium and Spotlights, CVPR 2009, 2010
- Organizing Committee, ISAT Workshop on "Towards the Bionic Eye", 2016
- Organizing Committee, IPAM Workshop on Multimedia Search, 2012
- Organizing Committee, ECCV Workshop on Human-Machine Communication for Visual Recognition and Search, 2014
- Organizing Committee, ECCV Workshop on Storytelling with Images and Videos, 2014
- Tutorial co-instructor, Visual Object Recognition, for the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) 2008
- Journal reviewer for PAMI, IJCV, CACM, 2006-present
- Panelist, NSF IIS-Robust Intelligence
- Conference Program Committees, CVPR, AAAI, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, AAAI
Computer vision and machine learning
K. Grauman and B. Leibe. Visual Object Recognition. Synthesis Lectures on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Morgan and Claypool Publishers, April 2011, Vol. 5, No. 2, Pages 1-181.
Pyramid Match Kernel, with Trevor Darrell. US 2007/0217676 A1 (2007)
Efficiently identifying images, videos, songs, or documents most relevant to the user based on attribute feedback. With Adriana Kovashka and Devi Parikh. US 13/965,594 (2016)
Efficiently identifying images, videos, songs, or documents most relevant to the user using binary search tgrees on attributes for guiding relevance feedback. With Adriana Kovashka. US 9,176,993 (2015)