Stephen W. Keckler
Professor Keckler's research interests are technology-scalable and parallel computer architectures, interconnection networks, low-power systems, and high-performance computing.
- ACM Fellow, 2012
- IEEE Fellow, 2011
- Edith and Peter O’Donnell Award for Engineering, The Academy of Medicine, Engineering, and Science of Texas, 2010
- ASPLOS Best Paper Award, 2009
- Natural Sciences Council Faculty Service Award, 2008
- President’s Associates Teaching Excellence Award, 2007
- Three IEEE Micro "Top Picks in Computer Architecture" papers: 2003 (2), 2004 (1), 2012 (1)
- ACM Grace Murray Hopper Award, 2003
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow, 2002
- Robert P. Hamilton Best Research Paper Award, University Cooperative Society, 2002
- NSF CAREER Award, 2000
"A Compile-Time Managed Multi-Level Register File Hierarchy," M. Gebhart, S.W. Keckler, and W.J. Dally, International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO), December 2011.
"Kilo-NOC: A Network-on-Chip Architecture for Scalability and Service Guarantees in Highly-Integrated CMPs," B. Grot, J. Hestness, S.W. Keckler, and O. Mutlu. International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), June 2011.
"Energy-efficient Mechanisms for Managing Thread Context in Throughput Processors," M. Gebhart, D.R. Johnson, D. Tarjan, S.W. Keckler, W.J. Dally, E. Lindholm, and K. Skadron, International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), June 2011.
"Evaluation and Optimization of Multicore Performance Bottlenecks in Supercomputing Applications," J. Diamond, M. Burtscher, J.D. McCalpin, B.D. Kim, S.W. Keckler, and J.C. Browne. IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), April 2011. Best Paper Award
"An Evaluation of the TRIPS Computer System," M. Gebhart, B.A. Maher, K.E. Coons, J. Diamond, P. Gratz, M. Marino, N. Ranganathan, B. Robatmili, A. Smith, J. Burrill, S.W. Keckler, D. Burger, and K.S. McKinley, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), March 2009. Best Paper Award
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Portfolio Program in Robotics
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct