Email:myers [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Myers' research focuses on informal learning opportunities, mathematics education, application of bayesian statistical methods to computer science, parent involvement, formal derivation of algorithms.
- Paolo Bientinesi, John A. Gunnels, Margaret E. Myers, Enrique Quintana-Orti, and Robert van de Geijn, "The Science of Deriving Dense Linear Algebra Algorithms," TOMS, 31(1):1-26, March 2005.
- Paolo Bientinesi, John Gunnels, Fred Gustavson, Greg Henry, Margaret Myers, Enrique Quintana-Orti, and Robert A. van de Geijn, "Rapid Development of High-Performance Linear Algebra Libraries," PARA 2004, LNCS 3732, pp. 376-384, 2005.
- Margaret E. Myers et al, Making Sense of Research for Improving Education, Dana Center Issue Brief, The Charles A. Dana Center, UT-Austin, 2003.
- Margaret E. Myers (lead writer) et al, Mathematics Standards in the Classroom: Classroom Activities Aligned to the Texas Standards for Grades K-2 (first edition) The Charles A. Dana Center, UT-Austin, 2008.
- Margaret E. Myers (lead writer) et al, Mathematics Standards in the Classroom: Classroom Activities Aligned to the Texas Standards for Grades 3-5 (second edition, 2008) The Charles A. Dana Center, UT-Austin, 2008.Margaret E. Myers (writer/editor) et al, Mathematics Standards in the Classroom: Classroom Activities Aligned to the Texas Standards for Grades 6-8 (second edition, 2008) The Charles A. Dana Center, UT-Austin, 2008.
- Anne T. Henderson, Karen L. Mapp, Catherine Jordan (contributor), Evangelina Orozco (contributor), Amy Averett (contributor), Deborah Donnelly (contributor), Joan Buttram (contributor), Lacy Wood (contributor), Marilyn Fowler (contributor), Margaret Myers (contributor), A New Wave of Evidence: The Impact of School, Family, and Community Connections on Student Achievement, Southwest Educational Development Laboratory, Austin, TX, 2002.
- Lead for writing team Grades 3-5 et al, K-12 Washington Mathematics Standards Revision, Washington, adopted 2008.
- Member of the Advanced Mathematical Decision Making Task Force (2007/2008) to propose mandated fourth year mathematics course for Texas students.
- Member of the Charles A. Dana Center task force to examine Practices Worthy of Attention (2007).
- Member of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Family Outreach Task Force (2004-2006).
- Content Expert for the National Partnership for Afterschool Learning (2003-2008).
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Portfolio Program in Robotics
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct