Paul's research interests are game design and development, particulary for learning and motivation.
Rendering Realistic Real-time Grasslands. Intel Visual Adrenaline. Intel Corporation. Lee, E., Toprac, P., Brubaker. G. & Raad P. (March 2012).
A study of learning and motivation in a new media enriched environment for middle school science. Education Technology Research Development, 59, 2, 249-266. Liu, M., Horton, L., Olmanson, J. & Toprac, P. (2011).
Examining the societal impacts of nanotechnology through simulation: NANO SCENARIO. Simulation & Gaming: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Theory, Practice and Research, 39, 2, 168-181. Jarmon, L., Keating, E., & Toprac, P. (2008).
- "Ctrl-Alt-Play: Essays on Control in Video Gaming". Jefferson, NC. McFarland & Co Inc.
- "Game Sound Technology and Player Interaction: Concepts and Developments". Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- "Handbook of Research on Improving Learning and Motivation through Educational Games: Multidisciplinary Approaches". Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Engaging Learners through Interactive Media: Findings and Implications from a Technology Enhanced Problem-based Learning Environment. Presented at 2011 annual meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA), New Orleans, LA. With Horton, L. Liu, M., & Olmanson, J.
An Enabling Architecture for Conducting Design-Based Research. Paper presented at 2010 ED-MEDIA, Toronto, Canada. With Horton, L., Liu, M., Kimmons, R., Rosenblum, J., Anderson, M., & Lee, J.
Creating Educational Video Games that Get Results. Presentation at the Austin Forum 2008, Texas Advanced Computing Center, Austin, Texas.
Toprac is co-appointed in the College of Fine Arts and the Radio-TV-Film Department, where he teaches courses on game design and development.
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Portfolio Program in Robotics
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct