Undergraduates may enroll in graduate courses for undergraduate credit, assuming they meet certain conditions.

  1. The undergraduate student must be eligible to take upper-division courses and must fulfill the prerequisite for the course (except graduate standing).
  2. The student must have a university grade point average of at least 3.00.
  3. The student must receive the consent of the course instructor and the graduate advisor for the department in which the course is offered. Some colleges and schools may also require the approval of the dean's office. Individual departments may impose additional requirements, or bar undergraduates from enrolling in graduate courses altogether.
  4. An undergraduate student may not enroll in a graduate course that has fewer than five graduate students enrolled.
  5. A graduate course taken by an undergraduate is counted toward the student's bachelor's degree in the same way that upper-division courses are counted, unless the course is reserved for graduate credit. Courses reserved for graduate credit may not also be used to fulfill the requirements of an undergraduate degree.

An undergraduate student enrolled in a graduate course is subject to all university regulations affecting undergraduates.

Undergraduate students may not take courses in the School of Law.

To request to take a graduate course for undergraduate credit, please complete a Registration in a Graduate Course for Undergraduate Credit form and turn it into the CS Graduate Office (GDC 2.726) by the 12th class day in a long-session semester or the fourth class day in the summer session.