The College of Natural Sciences does not award minors. There are several certificate options that you can look into on the UGS website to gain experience in another area and get recognition for it. Many of our students choose to do the Business Foundations Certificate ProgramBridging Disciplines ProgramGame Development Program, and Information Security Certificate, but you are welcome to do any certificate that UT offers that you qualify for.

If you want to take enough courses to have the equivalent of a minor (typically 12 hours, 6 of which are upper division), you can do that and claim to have the equivalent of a minor on your resume, but this will not be reflected on your UT transcript.

FAQ category: