The Friends of Computer Science (FoCS) program puts you on the fast track inside the world of Texas Computer Science at The University of Texas at Austin.
Through the boom and bust years, the FoCS program has remained strong with an impressive roster of partners in a variety of industry sectors. FoCS facilitates research and recruiting collaborations with some of the country’s brightest and most talented students and faculty.
FoCS participants benefit from:
- supporting a computer science department that provides talent, research and innovation and anchors the regional economy with an $8.7 billion dollar annual economic impact (The Perryman Group),
- facilitated access to cutting edge research,
- facilitated access to faculty and students in an extremely competitive environment,
- support for interdisciplinary on-and-off campus events and publicity,
- enhanced relationships with University of Texas at Austin students,
- facilitated navigation of campus processes and contacts,
- and targeted student/career opportunities.
Texas Computer Science benefits from:
- industrial support of a computer science department and departmental initiatives,
- an increased understanding of the needs and practices of our industrial partners,
- synergistic research and recruiting intersections,
- and targeted student / career opportunities.
About Texas Computer Science
As published by the Computing Research Association and U.S. News and World Report, Texas Computer Science is ranked eighth nationally. Texas Computer Science is the only top-10 ranked computer science department within 1,000 miles.
Interested in learning more? Please contact Ana Lozano, Senior Manager of Constituent Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.471.9797.