The Friends of Computer Science (FoCS) program puts you on the fast track inside the world of Texas Computer Science at The University of Texas at Austin.
Friends of Computer Science (FoCS) is a program created to provide enhanced engagements between Texas Computer Science students and industry partners. Partners seeking computer science-focused interns and full-time hires can go beyond the traditional career fair and job board to build brand awareness and deep, long-term relationships with the Department of Computer Science. Gifts to the program are used for a wide variety of key purposes in conjunction with the department’s core mission.
FoCS participants benefit from:
- supporting a computer science department that provides talent and innovation and anchors the regional economy with an $8.7 billion dollar annual economic impact (The Perryman Group)
- facilitated access to faculty and students in an extremely competitive environment
- support for interdisciplinary on-and-off campus events and publicity
- enhanced relationships with University of Texas at Austin students
- facilitated navigation of campus processes and contacts
Texas Computer Science benefits from:
- industrial support of departmental initiatives
- an increased understanding of the needs and practices of our industry partners
- targeted student engagement / career opportunities
Interested in learning more? Please contact Ana Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org