Faculty at the The University of Texas at Austin Department of Computer Science (UTCS) are at the forefront of the digital revolution. Congratulations to the following faculty for their accomplishments:
- Kristen Grauman was awarded the Marr Prize for a paper she wrote with Devi Parikh title "Relative Attributes." She was also named AI’s Ten to Watch by IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- Stephen Keckler was named a 2011 ACM Fellow.
- Brent Waters won the Packard Fellowship for his research focusing on finding new methods to secure stored data by encryption.
- Kathryn McKinley received the 2011 ACM SIGPLAN Distinguished Service Award
- Risto Miikkulainen, with graduate student Jacob Schrum, won Best Paper Award at the IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games for their paper on “Evolving Multimodal Networks for Multitask Games.”
- Yin Zhang and former UTCS student Ajay Mahimkar earned a Best Paper Award at the 2011 ACM CoNEXT Conference.
- William R. Cook and graduate student Amin Shali won Best Student Paper at the proceedings of the 2011 ACM International Conference on Object Oriented Programming Systems Languages and Applications.
- Professor Inderjit Dhillon and Assistant Professor Pradeep Ravikumar, together with their postdoc Ambuj Tewari, had 7 papers accepted at the NIPS Conference.
- Risto Miikkulainen and graduate student Bryan C Silverthorn won First Place in the Sixth Annual Competition of Pseudo-Boolean Solvers at the Fourteenth International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing.