Goodbye Texas! Adios! Arrivederci! Au Revoir! Destination: Somewhere in the World
Are you interested in getting credit for seeing the world? You can! There are multiple study abroad programs for computer science majors. The University of Texas at Austin has agreements with hundreds of colleges and universities around the world that allow you to take classes abroad so that you can stay on track with your degree at home. Tuitions and living expenses abroad are comparable to what you’d pay if you stayed in Texas, and there are scholarships, fellowships and grants available to help you make the experience possible.
On your Mark
First, Investigate Programs
- View the CS Study Abroad brochure and Search UT Programs
- Attend an information session or a program-specific information session. See Study Abroad Events Calendar.
- Meet students who have studied abroad, for instance, talk to a peer advisor.
- Consider how to fund your program and apply for scholarships.
- Consult your academic advisor to determine which classes could fit with your degree plan. It is important that your study abroad program offers classes that the CS department will count toward your degree.
Next, make an appointment with a study abroad program coordinator. They can give you all the details about programs in specific countries, costs and scholarships.
Be mindful of the application deadlines:
- February 15 - all summer programs
- March 1 - fall or academic year programs
- October 1 - spring semester programs
- November 1 - all Maymester Programs
- December 1 - priority deadline for all summer faculty-led programs
Fill out the study abroad application.
Get your passport, pack your bags, and tell your friends goodbye!