In order for credit by exam or AP credits to count toward a degree or as a course prerequisite, students must first claim the credit on the Center for Teaching and Learning website. Do not claim any credit before speaking with your academic advisor. Your academic advisor can help you determine which credits you should claim for progress in your degree.
Steps to Claim Credit
1. Start on the Student Testing Services page.
2. Read the Placement Versus Credit information.
3. Click on View Scores and Claim Credit, and log in.
4. Claim your credit.
- There is a fee of $6 per credit hour for claiming credit. For example, three credit hours would cost $18. Payment options are available.
- Claimed credit-by-exam will not affect your GPA.
- If you take a course in residence for which you have already earned credit-by-exam, whether you have petitioned or not, you will NOT be able to claim the credit.