An undergraduate may enroll in a graduate course for graduate credit under the following conditions:
- The student must have a 3.0 overall UT grade point average.
- The student must have completed 90 undergraduate hours.
- The student cannot register for more than 15 semester hours in a long semester or for more than twelve semester hours in the summer session.
- Courses reserved for graduate credit are limited to a total of twelve semester hours.
- A student who has previously earned a bachelor's degree may NOT reserve courses for graduate credit.
- Only graduate courses may be reserved for graduate credit.
- Courses reserved for graduate credit may not also be used to fulfill the requirements of an undergraduate degree.
- The grade earned in the graduate course will not be included in the student's graduate grade point average.
To request to take a graduate course for graduate credit, please complete a Reservation of Course for Graduate Credit form and turn it into the CS Graduate Office (GDC 2.726) by the 12th class day in a long-session semester or the fourth class day in the summer session.