The CS Roadshow takes a team of UTCS undergraduate and graduate students to middle school and high school classrooms to excite students about computer science. They give a 45-minute presentation about cutting-edge CS technology, challenge the students with logic puzzles, and demo a AIBO robotic dog that plays soccer.
- K-12 boys and girls
- Teachers, Parents, Educators
- To show computer science as a broad and exciting field with the potential for diverse participants
- To challenge stereotypes
- To show the breadth of the field
- To get students (and parents and teachers) excited about the field and its possibilities
- To leave audiences wanting to find out more …hopefully through further studies
If you are in the Austin area and would like the Roadshow to visit your classroom, please contact Liz Flynn Whittenton.