The CS Roadshow takes a team of UTCS undergraduate and graduate students to local elementary, middle, and high-school classrooms to excite students about computer science. They give a 45-minute presentation about cutting-edge CS technology, challenge the students with logic puzzles, and teach students about the applications of CS in their everyday lives.
- K-12 students
- Teachers, parents, educators
- To show computer science as a broad and exciting field with the potential for diverse participants
- To challenge stereotypes
- To show the breadth of the field
- To get students (and parents and teachers) excited about the field and its possibilities
- To leave audiences wanting to find out more …hopefully through further studies
If you are in the Austin area and would like the Roadshow to visit your classroom, please contact email@example.com.