The way in which you communicate and present yourself when writing to your professors is extremely important.
- If your communication is relevant to other students in the class, please use Piazza.
- If your communication is only relevant to you, please use Canvas.
- View an e-mail or post as a professional interaction.
- Use proper etiquette. Please read Professional Correspondence.
- Do not waste your professor's time. Many things can be found in the syllabus of the class or on the UT website.
- Do not ask for extra credit. All extra credit opportunities will be made available to all students.
- Do not vent, rant, or whine.
- Do not share inappropriate or irrelevant personal information.
- Be respectful.