Installing Steel Bank Common Lisp (SBCL)
SBCL is available from https://www.sbcl.org. You can of course
go to that website to find download and installation instructions for SBCL,
but here is a concise summary that includes build options appropriate for
- Download SBCL from https://www.sbcl.org. A shortcut may be
to follow the “Source” link near the top of the page,
- The downloaded file will have a name like
“sbcl-2.2.10-source.tar.bz2”, where “2.2.10”
is replaced by the current SBCL version. Change to a directory just above
where you want SBCL to reside and move the downloaded file there.
- Extract the downloaded file (where it now resides), for example as follows
(again, where “2.2.10” is replaced by the current SBCL
tar xfj sbcl-2.2.10-source.tar.bz2
- Change to the new directory and build SBCL with options appropriate for
ACL2, as follows (again, replacing “2.2.10” as appropriate).
sh make.sh --without-immobile-space --without-immobile-code --without-compact-instance-header
- Create a script file in a directory that is on your path (or, if you are
updating your sbcl, just replace your current sbcl script; you can find its
location by executing the command, “which sbcl”). If you are
in directory <DIR> from the preceding step (e.g., a path ending in
“sbcl-2.2.10”), then that script file should contain the
<DIR>/run-sbcl.sh --dynamic-space-size 2000 "$@"