Fundamental warning object used throughout vl.
This is a product type introduced by defprod.
- type — symbolp
- A symbol, most often a keyword symbol, that describes very broadly
what kind of warning this is. There is no particular discipline or
strategy for assigning types to warnings, but the basic goal is to be
able to use these types to filter out or group up similar warnings.
- msg — stringp
- A more detailed message describing what went wrong. This string
should be acceptable to vl-fmt; it is similar to the "format
strings" used by ACL2's cw function, but there are some
important differences, e.g., not all fmt directives are
supported, and extra Verilog-specific directives are available.
- args — ACL2::true-list
- Arguments that will be composed with the tilde directives in msg
when the warning is displayed to the user. That is, a directive like
~x0 refers to the first argument, ~x1 to the second, etc.
- fn — symbolp
- A symbol, intended to be the name of the function that caused the
warning. This is intended to be useful for VL debugging, to help make
the source of the warning more apparent. Only good discipline (and
handy macros) ensure that this is correctly reported.
- fatalp — booleanp
- Indicates whether this error is so severe that the module ought to
be thrown away and not subjected to further translation. See the
general discussion in warnings for more information on how
this is used.
- suppressedp — booleanp
- Indicates that this warning was suppressed by an ignore attribute.
- Context object for this warning; should be NIL or printable with "~a".
- Recognizer for vl-warning structures.
- Fixing function for vl-warning structures.
- Basic constructor macro for vl-warning structures.
- Basic equivalence relation for vl-warning structures.
- Get the suppressedp field from a vl-warning.
- Modifying constructor for vl-warning structures.
- Get the type field from a vl-warning.
- Get the msg field from a vl-warning.
- Get the fatalp field from a vl-warning.
- Get the args field from a vl-warning.
- Get the fn field from a vl-warning.
- Get the context field from a vl-warning.