Miscellaneous utilities for instruction decoding and for writing
instruction specification functions
- Computing effective address using ModR/M, SIB bytes, and
displacement bytes present in the instruction
- Functions to fetch and read operands from an instruction,
and to write results to appropriate registers/memory locations,
based on ModR/M, SIB, immediate, and/or displacement bytes.
- Operations to manipulate instruction pointers.
- Selecting the operand size for general-purpose instructions
- Operations to manipulate stack pointers.
- Segment register to use for an instruction operand in memory.
- Decoding utilities for the prefixes, ModR/M, and SIB bytes
- Address size of an instruction, in bytes.
- Check if the length of an instruction exceeds 15 bytes.
- Utilities trafficking in erp objects
- Size constraints on a memory address of some instruction byte
- Functions to detect and decode SIB bytes