My name is Jongwook Kim and I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin. I am advised by Professor Don Batory. I am interested in automated software development using program analysis and transformation techniques. I have research experience in refactorings, program transformations, design patterns, static and dynamic program analysis, software product lines, feature-oriented software development, and model-driven engineering.
From 2009 to 2011, I was a master's student in Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin, advised by Professor Don Batory. My thesis, "Paan: A Tool for Back-Propagating Changes to Projected Documents," was on creating product lines of open XML documents with back-propagation support.
Prior to that, I did my undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering at the Korea University in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, Danny Dig, and Maider Azanza. Improving Refactoring Speed by 10X. In Proceedings of the 38th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), pages 1145-1156, May 2016.
Acceptance rate: 19.0% (101/530)
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, and Danny Dig. Scripting Parametric Refactorings in Java to Retrofit Design Patterns. In Proceedings of the 31st IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME), pages 211-220, October 2015.
Acceptance rate: 21.6% (32/148)
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, and Danny Dig. Can Undergraduates Script Their Own Refactorings? In Proceedings of the 6th ACM Workshop on Refactoring Tools (WRT), pages 9-12, October 2013.
- Don Batory, Peter Höfner, and Jongwook Kim. Feature Interactions, Products, and Composition. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Conference on Generative Programming and Component Engineering (GPCE), pages 13-22, October 2011.
Acceptance rate: 31.0% (18/58)
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, and Milos Gligoric. Move-Instance-Method Refactorings: Experience, Issues, and Solutions. Technical Report TR-16-08, Department of Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 2016.
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, and Danny Dig. Refactoring and Retrofitting Design Patterns in Java Software Product Lines. Technical Report TR-16-07, Department of Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 2016.