Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at Austin
2317 Speedway, Stop D9500
Austin, TX 78712
My name is Jongwook Kim and I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin. I am advised by Professor Don Batory. I am interested in automated software development using automated analysis and transformation techniques. I have research experience in refactorings, program transformations, design patterns, static and dynamic program analysis, software product lines, feature-oriented software development, model-driven engineering.
From 2009 to 2011, I was a master's student in Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin, advised by Professor Don Batory. My thesis, "Paan: A Tool for Back-Propagating Changes to Projected Documents," was on creating product lines of open XML documents with back-propagation support.
Prior to that, I did my undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering at the Korea University in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, Danny Dig, Maider Azanza, "Improving Refactoring Speed by 10X," Proceedings of the 38th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), pages 1145-1156, May 2016.
Acceptance rate: 19.0% (101/530)
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, Danny Dig, "Scripting Parametric Refactorings in Java to Retrofit Design Patterns," Proceedings of the 31st IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME), pages 211-220, October 2015.
Acceptance rate: 21.6% (32/148)
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, Danny Dig, "Can Undergraduates Script Their Own Refactorings?" Proceedings of the 6th ACM Workshop on Refactoring Tools (WRT), pages 9-12, October 2013.
- Don Batory, Peter Höfner, Jongwook Kim, "Feature Interactions, Products, and Composition," Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Conference on Generative Programming and Component Engineering (GPCE), pages 13-22, October 2011.
Acceptance rate: 31.0% (18/58)
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, Milos Gligoric, "Move-Instance-Method Refactorings: Experience, Issues, and Solutions," Department of Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, Techical Report TR-16-08, 2016.
- Jongwook Kim, Don Batory, Danny Dig, "Refactoring and Retrofitting Design Patterns in Java Software Product Lines," Department of Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, Techical Report TR-16-07, 2016.