Oswaldo Olivo (last_name at cs.utexas.edu, where last_name = olivo)
I'm a Ph.D. student in Computer Science in UT Austin.
I'm looking for industrial or research full-time positions involving
Software Engineering and Security starting on Summer 2016.
My interests include Software Engineering, Compilers and Security.
In particular, my work involves the creation of tools for:
Performance bug detection in open-source Java APIs.
Performance bottleneck detection in user interfaces (GUIs, IDEs).
Microsoft. Redmond, WA. Software Development Engineer Intern. June 2015-August 2015.
Bell Labs. Murray Hill, NJ. Enabling Computing Technology Research Intern. June 2013-August 2013.
Open-source project contributions:
Apache Collections: Proposed a collection algorithm that requires linear-time instead of quadratic-time, resulting in speed-ups larger than 200x. Reported performance bugs and proposed patches. Report IDs: COLLECTIONS-549, COLLECTIONS-534, COLLECTIONS-544, COLLECTIONS-545.
Apache Ant: Reported performance bugs and proposed patches. Report IDs: 57588.
Google Core Libraries: Reported performance bugs and proposed patches. Report IDs: 1868.
jEdit: Reported performance bugs and proposed patches for the IDE. Report IDs: 3904,3908.
MSc in Computer Science. The University of Texas at Austin. September 2009-May 2013.
- O. Olivo, I. Dillig, C. Lin.
Static Detection of Asymptotic Performance Bugs in Collection Traversals.
ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI '15). Accepted for publication. (2015).
- S. Dong, O. Olivo, L. Zhang, S. Khurshid.
An Empirical Study of the Influence of Compiler Optimizations on Symbolic Execution. International Conference on Compiler Construction (CC '15). Under review. (2015).
- R. Samanta, O. Olivo, E. A. Emerson.
Cost-Aware Automatic Program Repair. Proceedings of 21st Static Analysis Symposium (SAS '14). Accepted for publication. (2014).
- L. Hadarean, T. King, K. S. Namjoshi, O. Olivo, V.N. Venkatakrishnan, and L. Zuck. The Construction of a Self-Certifying Compiler. Tech Report. (2014)
- O. Olivo, E. A. Emerson. On Hard Graph-Coloring Problems for Solvers. In Proceedings of the Brazilian Symposium in Formal Methods (SBMF) (2013). Accepted for publication.
- R. Samanta, O. Olivo, E. A. Emerson. Cost-Aware Automatic Program Repair. CoRR abs/1307.7281 (2013).
- O. Olivo, and E. A. Emerson. (2012). Improved Binary Decision Diagram Constraint Propagation
for Satisfiability Problems. In Proceedings of the XXXII International Conference of the
Chilean Computer Science Society (SCCC '12), November 12-14, 2012, Valparaiso, Chile.
IEEE Computer Society 2012.
- O. Olivo, and E. A. Emerson. (2011). A More Efficient BDD-Based QBF Solver.
In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Principles and
Practice of Constraint Programming (CP 2011). Perugia, Italy, pp.
- O. Olivo, S. Ray, J. Bhadra, and V. Vedula. (2011). A Unified Formal
Framework for Analyzing Functional and Speed-path Properties. In M. S.
Abadir, L. Wang, and J. Bhadra, editors, Proceedings of the 12th
International Workshop on Microprocessor Test and Verification, Common
Challenges and Solutions (MTV 2011), Austin, TX, USA, December 2011,
pp. 44-45. IEEE.
- S. Ray, O. Olivo, and W. Hunt. (2010). A Unified Formal Framework for
Analyzing Functional and Speed-path Properties. SRC Tech Report.
Publication ID. P058687. 2010.
- Arraiz, E., and Olivo, O. (2009). Competitive Simulated
Annealing and Tabu Search Algorithms for the Max-Cut Problem. Proceedings
of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) 2009, ACM. Montreal, Canada.
- Olivo, O., and Suarez, A. (2008) Proof Writing with Automatic Theorem Proving as an approach to Verify Program Correctness. First Chilean Workshop on Formal Methods, Punta Arenas, Chile, 2008. Proceedings of the XXVIII
International Conference of the Chilean Computer Society, SCCC '09. IEEE Computer Society Press.