I am a sophomore at UT Austin studying Computer Science, Business Honors, and Management in the Turing Scholars program and the Business Honors Program. I'm a teaching assistant in the Department of Computer Science. In my free time, I am a volunteer deputy registrar (VDR) in Travis County (2018, 2019-2020) and Collin County (2019-2020), meaning I'm able to register people to vote. In summer 2020, I will be interning for Microsoft as a software engineering intern in Redmond, WA. In summer 2019, I interned for GoDaddy as a software development engineering intern in Kirkland, WA.
More information on my personal website jeffw.xyz.
- Spring 2020: CS 312 - Introduction to Programming - Dr. Chand John
- Fall 2019: CS 302 - Computer Fluency - Dr. Chand John
- 2020: Microsoft, Software Engineering Intern - future
- 2019: GoDaddy, Software Development Engineering Intern - I worked as a software engineering intern at GoDaddy on the Customer Data Services team. The team dealed with Java-based APIs that handled GoDaddy's customer data. During my time at GoDaddy, I improved an API’s speed by 50x, implemented encryption, and used AWS CloudFormation to roll out AWS services.
In the news
- The Daily Texan, "The CAP enrollment system must adapt given increased demand" (March 10, 2019)
- The Daily Texan, "Freshman started business at age 11" (November 11, 2018)
- The Daily Texan, "UT lacks cultural authenticity in cuisine" (October 10, 2018)
- The Daily Texan, "New student-run business delivers grilled cheese sandwiches straight to your door" (September 24, 2018)
- The Daily Texan, "University eliminates charges on data plans" (August 26, 2018)
- UTD Mercury, "Grade Distributions Now Accessible Online" (August 2018)
- Denton Record-Chronicle, "An entrepreneur since age 11, Jeffrey Wang looks to combine business and tech after graduating from UNT TAMS" (June 10, 2018)