CS 354(#56640), BME
Introduction to Computer Graphics
Lecture Hours: T, Th 11:00am - 12:30pm (GEO 2.102)
Office: ACES 2.324A
Office Hours: Tue 1:30pm - 3:00pm, Wed 2:15pm - 3:30pm (Appointments outside of office
hours should be made by emailing Suzanne Bailey, and use "Computer Graphics
Course" in the Subject line )
Administrative Associate: Suzanne Bailey Office: ACES 2.324
Phone: Please use email
Office Hours: M 2:00pm-3:30pm, F 2:00pm-3:30pm
Location: Taylor Basement Computer Lab.
December 11, 2007
- Final exam statistics: Mean Score = 52.17, Standard Deviation = 17.23.
December 10, 2007
- All Final Exam grades are in eGradebook.
- All Project 4 grades are in eGradebook.
- The Fall 2007 gallery has been updated (linked below with the other galleries).
December 3, 2007
- The Practice Final Questions and Practice Final Answers are now available on
the class syllabus.
November 20, 2007
- Project 3 is done being graded. Grades and comments are in eGradebook.
November 16, 2007
- Don't be alarmed if you check your Project 3 grade and it's <= 20. It's
still being graded so check back in a few days. An announcement will be posted
when Project 3 is done being graded.
November 13, 2007
- For those who have not picked up your graded Midterm 1 yet, please stop by
Prof. Bajaj's office on Wednesday morning (Nov 14) to pick them up.
November 11, 2007
- Don't forget to bring a calculator to Midterm 2 on Thursday, November 15.
November 8, 2007
- Midterm II Review has been posted. Typo in ques 1(d) fixed (Nov 11).
November 7, 2007
- Project 4 has been posted. It is due on December 4, by 11:59 pm.
November 2, 2007
- The Fall 2007 gallery has been created (linked below with the other galleries).
- Everyone who turned something in should have a Project 2 grade in eGradebook at this point.
October 20, 2007
- Project 3 has been posted. It is due on November 8.
October 13, 2007
- You can now see the Project 1 solutions by following the links below in the Projects section.
October 9, 2007
- Prof. Bajaj will hold extra office hours this Wednesday, October 10, from 10:00am - 11:00am.
October 6, 2007
- Practice Midterm 1 has been posted on the syllabus page.
- The solutions to practice Midterm 1 will be posted on Tuesday (October 9) and discussed in class.
To get the maximum benefit, you are strongly encouraged to try the mock midterm out, as practice, before solutions are released.
September 30, 2007
- Project 1 grades have been posted to eGradebook.
- For consistency, all the project code submissions are graded on the same
Ubuntu Linux computer in the basement of Taylor. Several project 1 code submissions didn't compile there.
Everyone gets a break on the first project, but you will lose some points on subsequent projects if your code doesn't compile when graded.
September 20, 2007
- The Project 2 due date has been moved to October 18.
September 19, 2007
- The Project 1 description was updated slightly: At the end of number 7 in the
Programming Checklist, it used to say "Note: In the function print_disp_style() in drawing.c, the two printf statements were reversed."
The starter code you were given doesn't have this problem, so disregard that note (which has been removed from the project description already).
September 17, 2007
- The class schedule has changed:
- Practice Midterm Release Date is now Oct 4
- Practice Midterm Solutions Release Date is now Oct 9
- Midterm I in Class is now Oct 16
- Also, Prof. Bajaj's office hours on Thursdays have moved to Wednesdays for the rest of the semester.
So his office hours are now Tue 1:30pm - 3:00pm and Wed 2:15pm - 3:30pm.
- Prof. Bajaj will not have office hours on Sept 25 and 26. Instead, he will have special office hours
Sept 27 from 3:00 - 4pm and Sep 28 from 9:30 - 10:30am.
- Prof. Bajaj will not have office hours on Oct 16 or Oct 17. Instead, he will have extended office hours
on Oct 9 from 1:00 - 3:30pm and Oct 10 from 2:15pm - 4:00pm.
September 10, 2007
- The Project 1 description was updated slightly: You don't have to reset
r, h, and n upon entering/leaving Display Mode 7 if you don't want to.
September 4, 2007
- Project 1 is posted. It's due before Sep 25, 11:59pm.
September 1, 2007
- Please check the Lab Setup and Accounts for completing your projects
- Project 1 shall be posted Sep. 4, 12:01am
August 31, 2007
course provides a top down and stepwise refinement introduction to computer
graphics as well as lays the fundation for a graduate course in computer
graphics and data visualization. There is a choice of both breadth and depth in
the intertwined topics of graphics, computational geometry, geometric modeling
and data visualization.
who are registered for this class are eligible for a tmpclass accounts
on CS unix machines. You can submit a request for an account at this site.
is how to create an account and how to use CS Linux machines.
This page was last updated on September 10, 2007.