CS343 Artificial Intelligence
Fall 2020, Tuesdays at 6pm, online
Unique number 51100
Zoom links to class meetings and to office hours are in Canvas
Office hrs (online):
Drop-in: M 6-6:30pm, W 4:30-5pm; By appt: Th 2:30-4pm
Office hrs (online): Mon 5-6pm
Artificial Intelligence: A
Modern Approach. (Fourth Edition, 2020). Prentice-Hall.
(Third edition is ok as well)
- Course organization:
This course is fully online. Each class has a designated topic, with a
reading assignment and lecture videos. You need to do the reading,
watch the video, and turn in one question about them before each
online class meeting. In each class we discuss the topic with your
questions as a starting point, and run hands-on exercises. In
addition, I will have (optional) office hours where we
can continue the discussion one-on-one. There will be four homework
assignments that allow you to apply what you've learned
to practical problems.
20% Midterm (6-8pm on Oct 13th)
- No makeup exams without a valid proof of unexpected emergency.
- You have five late days for which there is no penalty. After those
five days are used up, turning homework in late will reduce the grade 15% for
the first 24hrs, 40% for the second, 75% for the third, and 100%
after that, and turning questions in late 100% immediately.
- Plus/minus final grades will be used; attendance will not affect
the final grade.
- Students with disabilities may request appropriate
academic accommodations from the
Services for Students with
- Cheating will not be tolerated; see CS Department Code of Conduct
- More details:
- Interesting and useful links:
An interactive COVID-19 Intervention
An interview on Evolutionary
AI at TWIML
Sun Aug 30 22:02:52 CDT 2020