- Supershuttle van service.
- Fare is $17.00 per person one way, $30.00 per person return, plus $0.50 fuel surcharge per person each way.
- We have negotiated an additional $3.00 discount off the return fare for FMCAD participants when booked in advance on the Supershuttle website.
- Here's a coupon with instructions for obtaining the discount.
- The trip takes about 40 mins.
- The hotel estimates the one-way taxi fare to be $35.00, so if there are three or more of you going, sharing a taxi might be a better deal.
- There is one express route - route 983 - that runs hourly. Here's its schedule. The trip takes 1/2 hour (pretty comparable to driving). The last bus back from downtown is at 10:40.
- There is also a local route - route 003 - that runs every 1/2 hour, but it takes about 55 mins. Here's its schedule. The last bus back from downtown is at 11:32.
- Taxi is another
- Austin Yellow Cab: (512) 452-9999,
- Roy's Taxi: (512) 482-0000,
- Austin Cab Company: (512) 478-2222.
9721 Arboretum Boulevard,
Austin, Texas, USA
+1 512 343 2626
You can register online by clicking here. You may alternatively register by calling the hotel, though please make sure to ask for the negotiated FMCAD rate (group code "fmcfmca") of $145 a night. The Renaissance is an outstanding luxury hotel, and we have negotiated a great rate which is much less than the normal rate. In doing so, we have blocked this rate against a minimum room quota, so please help us keep FMCAD registration rates low by taking advantage of this opportunity to stay at one of Austin's finest hotels at this special price. The deadline for this special registration rate is October 19, 2007.
Overflow Hotels: The deadline for booking rooms at the Renaissance for FMCAD rate has expired; Renaissance is no longer able to offer conference attendees the FMCAD rate. The following nearby hotels are possible alternatives for conference attendees who have not booked at the Renaissance at the FMCAD rate.
Room sharing information is available at this Google group.
There are quite a few decent restaurants within moderate walking distance of the hotel. Here is a list.
Getting to the Hotel
from the Airport:
The hotel is about 40mins away from the airport depending on traffic.
Getting to and from downtown:
There are two bus routes between the Arboretum, where the hotel is located, and downtown.
What's going on in Austin:
A good place to start is www.austin360.com.