General Course Information
New this year
Starting this year, we will be basing the course on different software
than in the past. The first part of the course will involve
projects using the Matt Pharr and Greg Humphries'
"Physically-based Ray Tracer". During this time, we will cover the
basics of modeling, rendering, viewing and lighting in computer
graphics. The latter part of the course will deal with real time
graphics. For this portion, we will be using Java3D rather than
OpenGL, MESA, Direct3D or similar lower level packages as in the
past. This should enable us to cover topics involving hierarchical
modeling and scene graphs more thorougly than in the past and to
do larger scale, and more fun, projects.
- Copies of the PBRT book are now available from University
Duplicating in Welch Hall 2.228 (phone 471-1657). You want course packet
209 for CS384G, unique number 51280. The price is $38.00, refundable up
until Feb 5 if you drop the course and keep the packet in pristine shape.
- For February 2 - Chapters 1 and 2 in Pharr and Humphreys
- For February 11 - Chapter 3 in Pharr and Humphreys
- For March 22 - Chapters 5, 9, 10, 11, 12 in Pharr and Humphreys
Bump Mapping Help
- First exam: Wednesday, March 31 Open book, open notes. We'll spend
Monday March 29 going over questions about the exam.
- Second exam: Last class day