First Bytes Summer Camp is a one-week residential camp program for high school girls. It is designed to dispel myths about computer science and intrigue young women with the potential of computing and the excitement of problem solving.
Through First Bytes You Can:
- See how computers solve real-world problems in medicine, the arts, and more.
- Use your problem-solving and reasoning skills to explore real computer science.
- Get hands-on programming experience and feel the thrill of getting a computer to do what you tell it to do.
- Visiting research labs and learning abut the newest technology.
- Work in a team.
- Find out about the wide variety of jobs you can have as a computer scientist.
- Enjoy a taste of university life and,
- Have a week of computer science fun!
Accepted applicants will be housed on campus in one of our housing complexes. Counselor to camper ratios will be maintained at 1:10.
Our sponsors will provide for ALL COSTS of the camp except travel to and from the UT Austin campus. Keep in mind parking on campus can be challenging and expensive. Parking expenses will not be covered.
A wait list will be developed for no-shows and cancellations.
- You must be female.
- You must be a high school student entering your junior or senior year in fall 2019.
- You must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 (80 out of 100) or higher.
- You must be a Texas resident.