Registration will open in early 2020
Remember when self-driving cars and robots only appeared in the movies? These are no longer just ideas waiting to happen. The future is now! At the Texas Computer Science Robotics summer camp, you’ll work with this exciting technology, building a robot from the ground up and learning about artificial intelligence and its applications. You’ll see 3-D printers, hear from faculty and industry who are inventing the future and meet other like-minded students like yourself who want to change the world one byte at a time. There’s never been a better time to immerse yourself in the world of computer science and learn what Texas Computer Science has to offer.
When/Where is the camp?
We will offer two Robotics camps in 2020: July 19 - July 25, 2020 and July 26 - Aug 1, 2020 on the UT-Austin campus. We will accept the first 60 registrants for each of the camps.
Who Can Attend?
The camp is open to boys and girls going into 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades.
What will we be doing?
- Working with a team to assemble and program the Bot’n Roll One A robot and participate in various matches and games.
- Hearing about cool new technologies from professors and other students.
- Meeting industry professionals from top tech companies.
- Learning about future internship and career opportunities.
- Meeting with the UT admissions team and hearing about ways to make your UT college application stand out among the rest.
- Interacting with other students who enjoy technology as much as you do!
- During the evening, students will have a chance to play sports, watch movies, play games, learn to make mobile apps and work on their projects.
- Above all, having fun!
Do I have to have previous robotics or programming experience?
No experience? No problem! It is necessary to be curious and interested in programming, computer science and artificial intelligence.
Campers are supervised at all times and camper to counselor ratios will be 1:10. Counselors stay in the residence halls with the campers.
Housing and Food
Campers reside in one of the residential halls on campus. Campers will stay two to a room based on age and gender. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided for all campers. If you have food allergies, please note that on your waiver and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Justin Hart, a clinical assistant professor with the College of Natural Sciences and a postdoctoral fellow affiliated with the Learning Agents Research Group, will be teaching students how to build and program robots. Tiffany Buckley has worked at UTCS for 14 years on admissions, enrollment, student organizations and diversity initiatives. She is currently working on summer camps.
- You must be a high school student entering your freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in fall 2020.
- You must have a high school grade point average of 3.0 (80 out of 100) or higher.
Cost of Camp
- Tuition for the camp is $1,995 and includes room and board, t-shirt, hat and other promotional items.
Cancellation and Refund policy
Prior to May 15 - Full refund minus a $300 deposit per session canceled.
May 16 - May 31 - You will receive 75% of your registration fee.
June 1 - June 15 - You will receive 50% of your registration fee.
After June 16 - No refunds will be given.
If you have financial need and would like to apply for a scholarship, please fill out this application by April 1, 2020. We will let you know if you are chosen by May 1.