SPRING 2022 UPDATE: The C S Advisors will be working primarily in a remote setting. Current C S Students: Please contact your assigned C S Advisor directly to schedule an appointment or ask any questions.
The Department of Computer Science has a staff of professional advisors to assist current undergraduate CS students. In your time at the University, our goal is to help you identify and pursue experiences and skills that will continue to enrich your life after you graduate.
The Undergraduate Computer Science Advising Center provides a sensitive and welcoming environment for students. We are committed to:
- Providing a clear understanding of academic requirements/policies
- Supporting students in achieving academic and developmental goals
- Encouraging the use of University resources and services
How Can the Advising Office Help Me?
Academic advisors assist current CS majors with:
- Identifying academic goals and opportunities for life experiences
- career and graduate school preparation
- choice of majors and concentrations
- non-academic issues
- course selection
- referrals to a variety of campus resources
You must leave your name and EID in any communication with our office (voicemail or email) in order for us to get back to you.
- Location: Gates Dell Complex, GDC 2.702
- Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:30am - 4:30pm; Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
To make an appointments, students should use their advisor's Calendly link. We do not make appointments by email.
- Phone: 512-471-9509
- Current undergraduate students: email your assigned advisor (Who is my advisor?)
- Graduate students: email the graduate office (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prospective student inquiries: Office of Admissions
- Recruiters and employers: College of Natural Sciences Career Center or Computer Science Office of External Affairs
- Other inquiries: email@example.com
No Show Policy
Students are considered a No Show if they are 10 or more minutes late to their appointment. After that time, the appointment will be canceled and the student must wait two weeks before they can schedule another appointment with their advisor. During registration, students are considered a No Show if they are five or more minutes late to their appointment. After that time, the appointment will be canceled and the student will need to contact their advisor about how to proceed.
When students schedule an appointment, they are sent a confirmation through Calendly. Students should keep this confirmation and ensure that their appointment is in their calendar. If students are having connectivity issues, they should let their advisor know ASAP.