Travel & Lodging
- Visiting prospective students will be provided with lodging for Thursday and Friday night. You will be contacted with more specifics about your visit to UTCS after registering. Lodging assignments will be emailed to you just prior to your arrival.
- You should make travel plans to be on campus and ready to participate no later than 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 21. We ask that you plan to depart after 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 23. Please review the event schedule carefully before making travel arrangements. If you arrive earlier than Thursday or stay later than Saturday, you will need to make your own lodging, meal, and payment arrangements for that time period.
- Shuttle transportation will be provided to/from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Specifics on transportation to and from the airport will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
- If you would like to check out Austin's public transportation during your visit, bus service is also available from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to UT's campus via the Capital Metro 20 - Manor Road/Riverside. When exiting the airport from baggage claim, head to the far right end of the passenger pick-up and look for the arrows and signs that read “Capital Metro.” You will need to bring $1.25 in exact change or purchase a pass on the CapMetro app. The 20 Manor Road/Riverside bus runs every 15 minutes. The stop for UT's Campus is "307 Dean Keeton & San Jacinto” More information on the airport bus service is available here.
- Most GradFest activities are limited to admitted PhD students. We are not able to provide lodging or other support, such as accommodations, for family members, significant others, children, or friends at any of the GradFest activities.
- GradFest will be the only graduate recruiting event held at UTCS. Prospective students are encouraged to schedule their trips during this weekend. Support for visits outside of the GradFest event is not provided.
We are pleased to offer up to $500 to cover travel expenses per invited participant.
Eligible travel expenses include: airfare, taxi or ride-sharing, personal vehicle mileage (at 58-cents per mile) and parking fees, for Thursday–Saturday travel.
Please make note of the following items required for reimbursement:
- Airfare receipts must include the itinerary and must be to and from Austin.
- Receipts must show proof of payment.
- Receipts must be original and itemized.
- If you paid cash, note “cash” and sign the receipt.
- No receipts showing a balance will be reimbursed.
- Receipts due no later than Friday, March 22, 2019.
In order to process your travel reimbursement, please bring the following documentation with you to GradFest:
- A photo I.D. (i.e. driver’s license or passport)
- Original Social Security card
UTCS staff will be available during GradFest to assist you in completing the required documentation.
After your visit, please mail required documentation to:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at Austin
2317 Speedway, 2.302
Mail Code: D9500
Austin, Texas 78712
You can expect to receive your reimbursement in 2-3 weeks after submitting all required documents for reimbursements.