UT facilities issue

If you have a UT facilities issue (locks, lights, power, exterminating, etc.), you need to contact Facilities Services.

  • If you are in ACES or GDC, the North Zone trouble # is 471-7728.
  • For after hours emergencies, ring 471-2020.

The building guide is here.

UTCS equipment purchases

For UTCS equipment purchases, use our online purchasing system to submit and track your purchase, or email purchase@cs.utexas.edu for information and assistance.

UTCS hardware or A/V problem

If you have a UTCS hardware or A/V problem or request (broken equipment, install new equipment, move equipment, reset network ports, telephone problems, laser printer supplies and service, reserve a/v equipment, etc.) you should use our help request system to submit and track your issue.  Don't forget to include the room number and/or hostname if applicable.

General facilities and software questions

For general facilities and software questions (how do I...? have you installed...? where is...?), check the Frequently Asked Questions first. Chances are someone has asked before you and the question has already been answered!

Software problems and other questions

For software problems and other questions, we ask that you use our help request system to submit and track your issue, or to send email to help@cs.utexas.edu (which will open a ticket for you). We know it's tempting to contact an individual when you have a problem, but we can route your question faster, develop a consensus answer sooner, and track the history of your problem better if you'll use the help request system we've set up.  If you send email from a non cs.utexas.edu address, please include your CS account name.