Research Poster Instructions
Who Can Receive Posters
Posters are available at no charge to current UTCS students, faculty and staff for department-related work, such as conference presentations and talks. We regret we cannot service other departments or visitors. We cannot produce posters for personal use.
How to Order a Poster
- A Research Poster Request Form must be submitted to start your job. No walk-in requests are accepted.
Designing a Poster
- Making Posters (PDF)
- Adobe Illustrator CS with manual is available for use in the graduate lounge.
- Poster pickup is located in the 5th floor grad lounge.
Graphics, Conversion Tools, etc.
- UTCS CMYK Wordmark (EPS)
- ImageMagick suite
- The ImageMagick suite is capable of all types of conversion and is installed on the CS UNIX machines. Using it is simple: convert originalfile.format newfile.newformat convert automatically determines the original file type from the file itself and chooses the output format based on the file extension you provide for the new file.
- Templates available in PowerPoint
- To download PowerPoint templates, go to: the "Choosing and using software" section of Advice for designing scientific posters.
- See your professor for LaTeX poster templates.
Alternative Printing Sources
If your poster cannot be accommodated in UTCS pubs office, other options are: