Many students transfer academic credit from other colleges. Speak to your advisor if you plan to take courses at another institution. Information about how coursework transfers to UT from schools in Texas can be found on the Automated Transfer Equivalency website.

Students transferring courses from out-of-state schools should talk to an admissions counselor in the Office of Admissions, MAI 7. Any courses completed at another educational institution MUST be transferred to UT.

Students must receive a C or better in any transfer courses to count towards their degree. Transferred coursework does not count towards your UT GPA, but rather counts as credit on your transcript.

All you need to do to have the credit on your record is to request an official transcript from the college or university be sent to UT Austin and admissions will post those credits automatically to your record. Please be aware that this process can take time in order to go through all the processing steps.

Students may not take C S entry level courses out of residence once they have started their first semester at UT Austin.  At this point all entry level courses must be taken at UT Austin.