Proctors can be assigned to work 10 or 15 hours per week at a flat pay rate of $10 per hour.
To hold a proctor position:
- You must be a CS entry-level or CS major.
- You must be enrolled for 12 hours in a long semester (fall or spring). You must be registered and your tuition paid for your appointment to be processed. *During the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters, students will only be required to enroll for at least 6 hours in a long semester.
- Your combined UT employment and semester-hour course load may not exceed 30 hours a week in any semester or summer term.
- If you are assigned to multiple jobs on campus, your combined UT employment may not exceed 20 hours a week in any semester or summer term.
- You must successfully pass a background check and will be required to complete forms and submit documentation establishing your eligibility to work in the United States.
To complete the Proctor Application, you need a UT EID and must provide the following:
- A resume and list of previous work experience
- A list of your 5 highest-level CS courses (or equivalent) taken, including the grade assigned and any programming languages used for each course
- A list of the lower-division CS courses that you would prefer to proctor
Application deadlines are announced mid-semester and are posted online, via departmental flyers, and through the weekly CS email newsletter.
If you have questions or concerns about proctor assignments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.