01/15/2013 - No, only majors-leve science classes can count for both the BSA, BA, and BS degree plans in the College of Natural Sciences. Also, CNS students cannot use any Astronomy classes to fulfill their science requirements. Read more
01/15/2013 - No, these classes cannot count in place of CS 313K or CS 311. The only exception to this is if you took these classes prior to Spring 2012. If so, you should make an appointment with your academic advisor by calling 471-9509 to ensure this is counting. You must include your EID in all communication, by phone, voicemail, or email, for our office to assist you. Read more
01/15/2013 - We automatically promote our students into the BS degree plan, but you can email our advising office to request to be changed to the BSA degree plan. You can also see a list of the differences between the BS and the BSA on our website. You must include your EID in all communication, by phone, voicemail, or email, for our office to assist you. Read more
01/09/2013 - An undergraduate may enroll in a graduate course for graduate credit under the following conditions: Read more
01/09/2013 - Undergraduates may enroll in graduate courses for undergraduate credit, assuming they meet certain conditions. Read more
01/09/2013 - The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science has several options for fulfilling the foreign language requirement including culture courses, and students in those degree plans should look at the course completion checklists for their options. Read more
01/09/2013 - The College of Natural Sciences does not award minors, however there are a multitude of certificates that students can earn. Outside of the College of Natural Sciences, there are several minor and certificate options for students to gain experience in another area and get recognition for it. Read more
01/09/2013 - To get involved in the FRI program, you can get more information and apply through their website. Otherwise, you would need to speak to someone in the FRI program if you are a current student not already involved in FRI to gain access to these courses. It is at their discretion if they have availability for non-FRI students in their courses Read more
01/09/2013 - No. CS 429 provides the foundational material for upper division classes.  Instead of taking upper division classes, students are asked to focus on their math requirements (calculus, M 340L, SSC 321, etc.) in this semester with CS 429. The only exception to this would be an FRI (CS 378) course. You would need to speak to the FRI department if you are not already involved in the FRI program to gain access to these courses. Read more
01/09/2013 - They CAN be, but they do not have to be. Students have the option of fulfilling one of their writing component requirements with a lower division course. Advisors strongly recommend that Computer Science majors take one lower division writing component course (such as UGS 302/303) during their freshman or sophomore years. We offer several upper division CS courses with writing components with limited space availability that you can choose to take as well. Read more


Subscribe to Topic: CS Courses/Degree Plans