The following items are required for application to the CS Graduate Program. Please use this checklist to ensure that you are submitting all of the materials necessary.
- All sections within online ApplyTexas application and CS Department Supplement filled to entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- Statement of Purpose
- Three (3) letters of reference
- GRE General Test scores*
- TOEFL or IELTS score for international applicants*
- Optional: CV and up to three publications
*We cannot waive the GRE requirement for applicants with work experience or advanced degrees. These scores are an important part of our evaluation.
*International applicants who are from a country where English is the only official language are exempt from this requirement. Additionally, applicants are exempt from the requirement if they possess a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution or an institution in a country where English is the only official language. The requirement is not waived for applicants who have earned a master’s—but not a bachelor’s—degree from a similar institution.